Fourth Day

Posted by Theresa Coleman On 6:12 AM

Today will be our fourth day of Homeschool. We are getting a routine -- Math and Science in the morning; Language Arts, Social Studies and Fine Arts in the afternoon. We don't start until 10:00 am and so we don't finish until 3:00 pm. We may have to adjust that -- it seems that the afternoon starts late.

I had a major meltdown this morning after bad dreams last night. Am I doing the right thing? My family tells me "yes" but I am still in doubt. I suppose it just hit me this morning....

I am going to tweek this template more today and add content. I hope to use it as our "jump page" every day.

Edited at 1:46 pm
I've cleaned up the template -- I'm working on getting the titles of the sidebar WHITE and not GREY but not having much luck. I've almost finished the "container" for the content -- content will be next.

The kids have 1) done Math 2) Science 3) Music and are now working on Social Studies as we listen to Yo Yo Ma on the Airport Thingy that is attached to the printer and speakers . I am pleased. They are doing a project about the 44 American Presidents -- a power point each. Should be good -- after President's day we will go back to World Geography and World History. This afternoon they will read their respective books. I am going to plan some Language Arts for next week. They are used to schedule and I'm needing schedule, so this is the plan for the time being.

3 comments

  1. Just a test comment....

    Posted on January 23, 2009 at 12:59 PM

     
  2. Bad Alice Said,

    I've heard that you don't have to put in as much time on "schoolwork" as you would at an actual school, since so much time there is spent changing classes, getting everyone settled, and so forth. Maybe you'll find the time shortening as you get used to the routine.

    Posted on January 24, 2009 at 7:10 AM

     
  3. Stop doubting yourself! Your kids will pick up on that. You did not make this decision lightly. Chin up.

    Posted on January 25, 2009 at 4:18 PM

     

Post a Comment